Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Journey Begins

So this past Wednesday I finally moved into my residence hall, which happens to be a flat in South Kensington (right around the corner from Will and Kate) with 12 other lovely ladies. The past few days we have all been running around like crazy with orientations, tours, and just exploring our new home. 


I won't bore you with all the details of my orientations, but we can just leave it at how they threw a hell of a lot of information at us in a short period of time.


Here's a glimpse of our flat; I'm residing in a quad that is currently a bit dull in appearance, but that will likely change soon. It also happens to be the coolest (temperature wise) room in the whole flat, which I am certainly happy about, especially during the ends of the heat wave in England.


Our kitchen is rather nice and fully equipped, but it can get a tad cramped when being in a home with 12 other girls.


On Saturday, we were lucky enough to receive a Parliament tour, which was absolutely spectacular. Sadly, photographs could not be taken inside, but the architecture and decor was breathtaking. 


For one of our first evenings out, we paid a visit to a traditional pub for dinner called the Silver Cross nearby Trafalgar Square, which was a really nice change of environment to what I'm used to in the States.


On another night out, we happened to find Daniel Radcliffe exiting a show he was just in. 1000 points to Gryffindor.


To make that same night even better, we ended up getting gelato from a local shop called Scoops. It was to die for.


One last highlight would be visiting Kensington Gardens, which was really grand and relaxing. Here we are casually hanging out in front of Kensington Palace - the soon to be home of Prince William, Princess Catherine, and baby George.


I am truly having the time of my life here. This city is so beautiful and so rich in history and culture, and I am extremely proud to call it my home for these next four months. I'll be starting class tomorrow morning, so it's about time I headed to bed.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment