Friday, September 6, 2013

Of Dead Mice and Strange Men

So I have officially completed my first week of classes, which was interesting to say the least. I really do enjoy all my classes and like all of my professors. I have made it a habit to go to Hyde Park as often as possible for daily walks, and I seem to take at least one picture per visit, without fail.

Here was our squirrel friend we made at the park. You can basically call over a squirrel the way you call over a cat in these London parks.



There are so many swans at the park. I usually make a reference to Natalie Portman or Swan Lake each time I see one.


What I love about the park is that I seem to stumble upon a new treasure with each and every path I take. The other day I found these "Italian Gardens" which were simply lovely.

In other news, one of the showers in our flat ended up leaking down to the floor below us (sucks for them). So currently, our situation is 13 girls to two bathrooms. Yesterday they literally took out our shower, which was definitely a new sight.



Upon further inspection of the work they were doing, I stumbled upon a slightly disturbing artifact....

Yup, that is indeed the remains of a poor little mouse friend that must have gotten trapped under our shower, most likely years ago. Rest easy.

On a brighter note, my flatmates and myself took an alternate route from the regular study abroad biddies and decided to go out for dessert. We went to a little shop that sells waffles called Wafflemeister, which was PHENOMENAL.


Fresh waffles with a bunch of different topping options...enough said.



Such delicacies were devoured in a matter of minutes.


A highlight to our night would be this intoxicated, yet pleasant English man who came over to us and complimented those of use with luscious, lion's mane-esque hair. He proceeded to walk away, only to come back five minutes later and take a seat. We nicknamed him Wafflemister.



His friend came soon after to sweep him away, joking (I hope) that he was breaking his probation of staying away from American girls. The experience was entertaining to say the least.

Well that's all for now; tomorrow morning I'll be exploring some of the markets, so I will be posting again shortly.

Sweet Dreams,


No comments:

Post a Comment