Thursday, September 19, 2013

Portobello Market: Where I Found Love

Well it has definitely been a while since I've blogged last, so I have some serious catching up to do. Let's start with two weekends ago when we went to Portobello Market. We went around 9 AM, which was a smart move on our part because by 12 PM, the market was PACKED. 


There were so many cool odds and ends and if I had brought more money, chances are I would be broke. 

For example, I was crying over this antique Victorian flask. It was beautiful, but a bit too pricey for my wallet to comply.


THE JEWELRY THOUGH. Unsure to how I resisted all these beautiful things.


And then, I found love. Meet Harvey, my new boyfriend turtle ring. I collect turtles, so I figured I just had to get him.


This store front was so incredibly cute that I couldn't help but take a photo of it.


The front of an awesome antique shop we went to.



And this was about the time when something magical happened: FOOD.



And here is my second love, CHEESE. THERE WAS SO MUCH. I COULDN'T CONTAIN MYSELF. Again, I didn't have much money with me, so I settled for a pineapple. 


This photo is important for two reasons: one being that the giant bubbles were simply awesome, and second, there was a hat at the hat stand behind the guy that I fell in love with. It was another pricey piece, and the man working the stand was not amused with my haggling tactics. 

Later in the evening, we were feeling spontaneous, so we got off at a random tube stop and chose a fun looking place to go to. Our final decision was to go to Belushi's, which I would say was a good executive choice.  That night we basically became the United Nations and met some Brits, Brazilians, and Belgians. It was a memorable night to say the least.

On another note, my coursework is starting to get more intense, which is exactly why I haven't gotten around to blogging until now.

Until next time,





No comments:

Post a Comment